[FYI: this post has been in my drafts for about a week. It’s taken a while to get ahold of the pictures I took, since I took them on someone else’s camera. They’re kind of shoddy, due to the fact I took the pictures during quiet hours when all the lights were off in the dorm lobby. Anyways, here you go.]
Happy finals week!
HA. That’s a contradiction if I’ve ever heard one.
Finals, oddly enough, have been known to cause stress. Lots of stress.
And stress can only be remedied by stress-eating.
Particularly by eating no-risk-of-salmonella cookie dough.
If you’re patient, these become neatly chocolate-coated and refrigerated truffles. If patience is not one of the traits included in your gene pool, you can eat the dough straight out of the bowl. Straight. Out. Of. The. Bowl.
This recipe is simple to whip up, especially if you’re pressed for time or
need want something sweet in a hurry. Sweetened condensed milk takes the place of where the egg would be in a normal chocolate chip cookie recipe, and the salt and baking soda give the balls that special cookie dough flavor.
Deliciousness completely devoid of turning on the oven. Or your mother yelling at you for eating raw dough.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffle Balls
Slightly adapted from this recipe
Makes about 48 (depending on the size you roll the balls)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (preferably miniature; coarsely chopped chocolate works too)
- additional chocolate for melting & dipping
- Beat butter and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add flour, alternately with sweetened condensed milk, to the sugar and butter, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and place onto baking sheets lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or saucepan over medium heat. Dip dough balls in chocolate, place back on baking sheets, and refrigerate again until firm, about 15-30 minutes. Store in the refrigerator until all are devoured.